Today we had colourful clothes day at school. Everyone came dressed in their most colourful clothes! There was a competition for each year level and prize given for the person who wore the most colourful clothes. We haven't found out who the winner was in year 2 yet. To be able to wear colourful clothes to school, we had to bring in a gold coin donation. Our $1 and $2 coins are gold so we had to bring in money that was equivalent to $1 or $2. The money we raised was going to be sent to Caritas to help with the Haiti Earthquake Appeal.
Mrs R asked us if we knew why we were having coloured clothes day and why we were bringing in a donation. We started talking about what happened in Haiti and just recently in Chile. Sophia asked what an earthquake was and some people shared some information that they knew about earthquakes. We were all very interested in finding out more and Mrs R suggested that we could do and inquiry about earthquakes, tsunamis and volcanoes. We made a wallwisher to record some of the things we already knew about earthquakes and this afternoon we wrote down on a chart some things that we wanted to know about them. Here is our wallwisher of what we already know.
Tuesday, March 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
from joe. I like our wall of earthquake information.I like how we add earthquake information to the wall. It is lots of fun.
I THINK OUR MATHMONSTER IS CALLED YOSIE.
FROM JOEL
Dear class
I had fun on colofulcloths Day .
before I went to school my mum said
I looked coloful
from Ella
hi!2r I like the maths monster I think you should call it green math.
I THINK OUR MATH MONSTER COULD BE CALLED WISE MONSTER.FROM JOEL.
I really like the smileBox From James s
Hello 2r. I liked how we dressed up in colourful clothes at colourful clothes day. I also liked it how the people chose children to win a prize.from May
where lerning about earthquakes in 2M too.I like all the stickies that you have put on your wall wisher.JackM 2M
Hi 2r I like doing our WALLWISHER .IT is fun
Post a Comment